100% working solution for Printer Spooler Error - Download on this page below
Here you will find complete description and solution for «Spooler SubSystem App Error» problem as well as other printer spooler problems that prevent you from printing.
What is the Spooler Sub System?
Spooler SubSystem is a legal and essential component of Windows which is used to spool printer jobs. Printing is impossible if Spooler service is stopped or malfunctions. However, there are several known spyware anā trojans that pretend to be legal Spooler SubSystem. They usually have the same name or one of the following names: spoolsv.exe, spoolsu.exe, spoolsv0.exe, spoolso.exe, SP00LSV.EXE (please notice that there are zeroes in this file name, not letters) and some others. Please note that legal spoolsv.exe should reside in Windows\System32 folder and should not appear in startup list.
Why do you see «Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem...» or «Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running» error message?
Reason 1: You have virus or trojan infection.
Reason 2: Spooler service was stopped by accident or is turned to Manual or Disabled mode.
Reason 3: You installed or tried to install printer driver which contains error or incompatibility with previous printer drivers installed in your system. One of the symptoms is that print spooler keeps restarting.
Reason 4: Print job and drawing instructions files (.shd and .spl files) were corrupted by accident which caused print que lock and as result - Spooler service crash. One of the symptoms is error message telling that the print subsystem is not available.
How to fix Spooler SubSystem App error?
How to fix "Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed." and similar problems manually? (For advanced users only)
To completely solve "Spooler SubSystem App" problem you should:
1) Scan your system for possible trojans or spyware including spoolsv.exe, spoolsu.exe, spoolsv0.exe, spoolso.exe or SP00LSV.EXE.
2) Stop Spooler service by executing «net stop spooler» command.
3) Go to system Spool and printer's Temp directories (the exact name of folder will vary from printer to printer) and delete all files with .shd and .spl extensions.
4) Delete all registry keys that contain information about printer's Job Queue. Please refer to your printer's manual and Microsoft web site to determine exact keys which contain information about printer jobs.
5) If you are trying to add printer and receive error message when trying to install printer drivers, this is right place to try adding printer again.
6) Start Spooler service by executing "net start spooler" command.
This is long but effective way of Spooler repair.
If you are not sure which solution to choose or want us to assist you in solving your problem with "operation can not complete. the print spooler is not running" and similar error messages feel free to write our support team: open a new support ticket with the subject "Spooler problem". We will get back with solution of your problem in 24 hours or less.